Friday, June 22, 2007

A visit to Hindolveston

Although I'm writing from Toronto I don't have any Canadian pictures yet, so I'll put up these pictures of Dad and Audrey's allotment in Norfolk.

A fine shot of Dad's new beard!
...and the garlic crop


This is not how the maize is grown in Zambia! I think Chil was quite bemused by the short height and the jacket to keep the weeds down but there isn't quite the same climate in Hindolveston as in Lusaka.

Globe artichokes.

Toronto is great so far. There's the usual confusion with alternative versions of English, when I asked about mobile phones no-one had any idea what I was talking about as they call it 'wireless' and I presumed that was internet. I'm working my way through the various beaurocratic processes necessary to live and work here and looking for a condo. The anaesthesia (anaesthesiology) department are very friendly and helpful, it's beautiful weather and easy to get around so none of it is too much of a problem.

Pictures to follow...

1 comment:

oldbould said...

Sadly my beard isn't growing half as well as most of our veggies, waterlogged as they are!