Sunday, July 8, 2007

Pictures from Toronto

This is part of the art gallery, I think, it does just look like a building fell out of the sky onto another building.

Until I moved into our new condo (map) I was living in the edgier Queen West area with plenty of street art.

Hmmm, must be a different Halifax!

The most fun I've had here so far is trying the national sport, ice hockey, which I've played twice now. I definitely need some skating lessons over the summer before play resumes in the fall. No pictures yet but I'll get Chil to take one when I've bought my own helmet, stick, pads etc...

This is the boardwalk, Lake Ontario and Toronto Islands in the distance. It's very hot here, low 30's c with very high humidity (100% humidity the other day but fortunately the temperature was only about 17c). The evenings are just perfect though, the harbour is great for a walk although you can't swim in the lake as it's apparently not clean enough which is a bit of a tease in the hot weather.


Queens Quay on the harbour. I'm looking forward to Chil coming to Toronto a week today on the 15th, there's only so much fun you can have walking around by yourself!

1 comment:

billbold said...

Gee, it's a shame you can't swim dude.