Friday, December 21, 2007

Seasons greetings!

Seasons Greetings from Chil and Dylan!

Apparently we've been having the snowstorm of the decade here in Toronto... we Brits are coping just fine though, there are snowploughs on most of the roads and generally it's business as usual.

I've joined the True North Hockey Sunday beginners league and you'll be able to follow all my goals and assists (don't hold your breath, though) online by clicking the link. I play number 7 for the Toronto Grizzlies, although we're just in training now and don't start games for a month or two. Behind me in the picture is the CN tower. Really.


Chil says she doesn't like the snow but strangely she is smiling in all the pictures I've taken of her in it. She's graduated from her course at the National Institute of Broadcasting and is getting some experience with a cable TV channel called OMNI over the holidays. She'll be covering a multi-cultural hockey tournament and bringing a bit of her BBC English to the Canadian airwaves. Go Chil!

This is the little park just up the road from us. The only folk left out are these two in the corner. It's not actually super-cold yet, although I think we hit -16 centigrade one day. Toronto has an underground network of paths 27 km long that is very useful but requires a map and compass to actually get about as for some reason they didn't bother to put any useful signs up down there. We're still surviving with English winter clothes but apparently January really bites.

This is the University of Toronto. I just finished my first term and can relax for the break now and I think Chil's even happier than I am to have me away from the computer in the evenings. I got a great deal at work with the Christmas rota and only have to work the weekend between Christmas and New Year.


We're off to Vern's on Christmas eve to spend the day with his family and have a party to go to on Boxing Day. We'll be in on Christmas day and will hope to catch as many people as possible on the phone before we get too far through that bottle of port that helps the stilton go down. We've got coveted tickets to see the Maple Leafs play the Tampa Bay Lightning on New Years day: an action packed holiday season!

Anyway, I hope you all have a great Christmas and New Year.

Dylan

No comments: